WORK

Sunday, September 4, 2011

PARIS: 1.

PHOTOS: KATHLEEN WILLS
I awoke this morning to the liberating sound of seagulls. For a long moment, in my travel induced state, I was confused. At home, it was a familiar wake up call, yet I was quite sure I was no longer in close proximity to Lake Michigan. Eyes still closed, a subtle aroma wafting through the shuttered windows from somewhere across the white stuccoed, metal-roofed courtyard. Fresh air...bread...Eyes wide open now, low light filtering through the ornate iron balcony, strong geometric shadows on the adjacent wall...the chorus of church bells. All this brought me fully to my senses. Paris! We'd made it.

I could go on (and will, to be sure), expounding on the reasons why this is a place worth adoration, why I am ecstatic that we are able to finally realize the dream of spending a significant amount of time here, but at the moment, there are croissants and coffee to be had!


No comments:

Post a Comment